I like to keep things simple. Then I feel really comfortable myself when developing websites. And here is my experience when I switched from using Windows to MacOS (MacBook Air).
You may notice that I still using old MacOS Mavericks. There are some reasons of that but it is the another story.
Here are my apps.
Must-have apps for me
I also use ColorPick Eyedropper extension.
I need the other browsers (Safari, Opera, Firefox) just for checking how good the website looks there.
Apps that could be replaced with another ones
The apps that are mentioned under this heading are also great but I think that there could be good alternatives as well.
- I need Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator when preparing graphics for websites.
- Everybody knows that Skype and Mail are great apps for communication.
- I use Mac OS Dashboard widgets as well as currency converter, world time and calculator. I really need it in my work because my clients are from all over the world.
- Apple Keynote application I use just in a one situation — when I’m preparing the presentation for WordCamp.
- Currently I’m using Microsoft Office Word and Excel but I plan to move to Mac OS native apps — iWork Pages and Numbers.
- TeamViewer helps me sometimes when it is so difficult to explain something to client. But more often I use QuickTime to record a video intruction for my clients.
- Dropbox is very useful for sharing files and storing backup data.
And what apps do you use in your daily work? Please share your experience with others in comments.
Only the best of WordPress
Subscribe to this weekly newsletter to receive the latest blog posts by email.I respect your privacy. Your email is safe with me.