Elementor Colors Mismatch
Sometimes when you crosspost a page in Elementor which looks like this:
After the crossposting it may look like this for example:
The only reason why this is happening is because you’re using custom global styles. These styles aren’t connected to a specific page, so we can not just crosspost them.
So I am using a custom global color in an example above:
So, what are the options?
- You can either don’t use custom global colors for pages you’re going to crosspost. You can use the default ones (Primary, Secondary etc), or just use the color picker.
- Or you can create the same custom colors on the second website.
The second one is kind of tricky, because it is not enough just to add the same colors in Elementor Kit, we also have to change their IDs to match the first website.
Here is a step by step:
- Please proceed to the second website and create the same global color there.
- Then we have to find out the ID of the global kit on the first website, in order to do so, please go to Templates > Saved Templates, then click All and you will find Default Kit there (or any kit you’re using). We need only its ID, you can check it in URL.
- Open phpMyAdmin and go to
wp_postmetatable. Search for meta key
_elementor_page_settingsfor the ID we have just found. There should be serialized data. You can unserialize it with any online tool or just find the specific HEX code of a color you added a couple minutes ago. Nearby you wll find its id, it would be something like
- Let’s go to
wp_2_postmetatable (or whatever site ID it is). Also find the ID of the Default Kit on that website, then find metadata with
_elementor_page_settingskey, find the same color code. But there would be a different ID! Change that.
Need more help?
- ACF fields are Empty on Crossposted Posts (Gutenberg)
- ACF Relationship Fields
- Bulk Crossposting
- Crossposting Doesn’t Work for a Custom Post Type
- How Plugin Works with Images
- How to Add Canonical Tag to Post Copies
- How to Connect Existing Post Copies
- Reusable Blocks Get Broken after Crossposting
- Simple Multisite Crossposting: Hook Reference
- Terms (Categories, Tags) aren’t being crossposted
- WPML Compatibility